Continuing expansion at one of the UK's fastest-growing magazine publishing company means that Unity is often looking for new talented individuals. Unity is a highly successful award-winning group with lots of energy and very little red tape. Our flat management structure provides opportunities for every employee to be a star, and hard work is well rewarded.
Classified Sales Executive
Unity Media currently has a fantastic sales opportunity selling advertising space on one of our market leading b2b magazines.
This is an ideal role for a motivated individual taking their first step into the sales and media industry.
The role will include establishing direct telephone contact with current and potential customers; managing your live advertiser client base to achieve monthly targets; working closely with the sales team to grow advertising revenues across print and online products and much more
1. Achieve and exceed individual sales targets for classified section
2. Research and develop prospects for advertisement sales for classified section
3. Develop, grow and maintain relationships with new, existing and lapsed client companies.
4. Maintain a close liaison with the editorial staff.
5. Work closely with the sales team to ensure any cross sales opportunities are maximised.
6. Ensure sales records and customer details are updated.
7. Monitor rival publications for market share.
Ideally you need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated, intelligent and confident and keen to join our lively and successful team and industry experience is not essential although some telephone experience will be helpful.
If you feel you could be the person we are looking for and are interested in applying, please send an up to date CV with covering letter to:
Sandra Baldock, Executive PA, Unity Media plc, Becket House, Vestry Road, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5EJ
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Writer – Banzai magazine
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am – 5:30pm, Friday 9am – 4pm, will also be expected to work some weekends and evenings for shows and launches
Salary: Dependent upon experience
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic staff writer to join the Banzai team. Banzai magazine is the UK’s best-selling Japanese tuning magazine and features the finest performance cars from around the globe. The title is also heavily involved with all aspects of the scene, including the UK’s most important drift and Time Attack championships, so we’re looking for someone who wants to be at the heart of something truly exciting and who can help Banzai to grow yet further.
The successful candidate will be: -
- A skilled and experienced writer as they’ll be responsible for producing scintillating and accurate content for the ‘regulars’ (i.e. News, Clubs and Motorsport sections) as well as in-depth car features.
- Hugely passionate about cars and ideally know their B16A2s from their RB26DETTs.
- In touch with the aftermarket community on a club/forum level, and have a good idea of what’s hot and what’s not in tuning circles.
- In tune with social media outlets and will assist in progressing Banzai’s already buzzing Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- Proactive, focused, organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to display a degree of professionalism in order to represent Banzai magazine at new car launches, shows and events.
- Capable of generating original content.
For the right individual, this will be their dream job; getting paid to play with and write about high-performance cars. If this sums you up, we’d love to hear from you.
Send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to the details below. Please also include a 500-word piece on one of your favourite Japanese cars. The story can be an aspect of tuning or driving that car, based on a specific modified example or simply an overview of that model. The choice is yours, but get on it because we expect this position to be filled quickly!
Andy Basoo – Editor, Banzai magazine, Unity Media, Becket House, Vestry Road, Sevenoaks, Kent TN14 5EJ
Or email: email@example.com (with ‘Job Application’ in the subject line)
To apply please download and complete our Application Form and then send along with your CV and a covering letter.